You should not be stressed out when coming up with Valentine’s Day ideas, but you probably are right? The pressure to do the “perfect” thing and buy the “perfect” gift can be a bit overwhelming (especially if you are dating). My advice is to keep it simple and intimate, perhaps even a bit fun. Here are 5 ways you can ruin Valentine’s Day– so please avoid them!
1. Stress yourself out about the details and in doing so stress out your boyfriend/other half. Guys already feel the pressure, no need to add to it.
2. Go out to a formal dinner, because you think you have to. If you both wouldn’t enjoy it on a normal day….what makes you think you’ll enjoy it now?
3. Spend a ton of money on the “perfect” gift. Why not make or buy something less expensive that he will actually enjoy? How about a new CD or book? Even just bake him some sweets…. most guys really don’t care about extravagant gifts.
4. Get your expectations up. If you expect to be wooed and swept away, and this does not happen exactly how you had dreamed- you will be disappointed. Why not just except to have a nice day together, and I bet all of your expectations will be met or exceeded.
5. Sulk. If you are single, don’t sit around and dwell on how you rather be dating. Instead, grab someone else who doesn’t have plans and hang out with them. Make plans with a girlfriends or even surprise your mother or grandmother and rent a movie and just stay in.By: Tori Tait