It’s barely spring but the warmer weather just makes me even more anxious for summer to arrive. One thing I love to do in the warmer months is to entertain outdoors (who’s with me?). One thing that is always tricky to dish out at a casual backyard gathering are salads. Rather than having guests pile up the leafy greens on their way through the potluck line, why not have individual serving sizes ready for them to grab and go?
I also really like this idea because it opens up to the possibility of serving salad as an appetizer! Small portions in a simple to grab and eat basket would make salad a perfect appetizer at your next party.
If your Easter morning is anything like ours, it’s full of giggles and kiddos running around collecting eggs in their Pajamas and slippers. Some years we have Grandma and Grandpa over in the morning and other years it’s just us. One constant is that we are busy — very early in the morning.
I wanted to share with you some simple ideas for your Easter breakfast or Easter brunch that won’t require you to be stuck in the kitchen (missing all the fun). My advice is to make it easy on yourself. You can create an impressive morning spread without all the hassle, check it out:
Gather items you already have in your home to create a central display. Adding different elements and displaying your breakfast items in a unique way will give your Easter brunch a more pulled together look. Here, I’ve simply moved this hutch out on our patio and set up all of our breakfast items on it. I grabbed an Easter bunny decoration and chalkboard from inside to give it a more “Easter themed” feel.
Nothing I am showing here is homemade — I’ve simply taken store bought treats and gave them a little makeover. Above we have mini cookies in a strawberry basket and donut holes on lollipop sticks!
Champagne served with frozen blueberries
A cake stand displaying store bought donuts
More donut holes adorned with festive lollipop sticks
A store bought bundt cake on cake stand
A chalkboard welcoming hungry guests
There you have it, a simple Easter brunch display featuring all store-bought treats. Simple, right?
Be sure to also check out this Easter breakfast idea I shared (plus free printable!).
Want more Easter and Passover ideas? Join me and a group of other fabulous party hostesses as we share ideas, recipes + more! Visit the links below AND follow us on Twitter using #HolidayHQ. We’ll be hosting a live chat this Wednesday, the 4th at 8pm EST -join in the fun!
Today I’m sharing the perfect easy + cute Easter breakfast idea with you.
My girls will LOVE coming downstairs to this on Easter weekend. I think I’ll surprise them on Saturday because I can’t stand waiting until Sunday to dish this up for breakfast!
This really couldn’t be more simple. Orange Juice, a donut hole (plus a cute patterned lollipop stick of course) and a bowl of yogurt topped with fun sprinkles. Plus, check out the darling wooden spoon – so cute!
Don’t forget the cute Easter printable to tie it all together: “Some Bunny loves you!”
What could be better than a warm, gooey breakfast? Not much in my book. Last week, I kicked off the Pepperidge Farm PuffectionTM Holiday Entertaining Challenge, and whipped up this recipe for Blueberry Cheescake Danishes — they were delicious! This week, I’m putting a kid friendly twist on this recipe.
I created the same cinnamon sugar danish and then filled it with a cream cheese and Nutella center. YUMMY.
The flaky danish paired perfectly with the creamy center. This would make a great Christmas morning breakfast (bonus is that they are super simple and fast to make).
Pile them high on on a cake stand Christmas morning. Just be warned: they won’t last long!
1/4 cup sliced almond, toasted (for topping, optional)
1. Heat the oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with the cooking spray.
2. Stir the cinnamon and 4 tablespoons granulated sugar in a small bowl. Stir the cream cheese and remaining sugar in a small bowl.
3. Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface. Brush the pastry sheet with half the butter. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar mixture. With the short side facing you, cut the pastry sheet lengthwise into 6 strips. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet, making 12 in all.
4. Twist 1 pastry strip then coil into a spiral. Place the pastry onto the baking sheet. Brush the end of the spiral with the remaining butter and tuck tightly under the bottom of the pastry. Repeat with the remaining pastry strips. Place 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture and 1 teaspoon Nutella in the center of each pastry.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
6. Whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and milk to create a glaze. Drizzle on top before you serve.
Disclosure: Pepperidge Farm has provided me with a stipend for my time and materials invested in the Pepperidge Farm® Puffection TM Holiday Entertaining challenge, as always thoughts and opinions are my own.
Many of our winter weekends include gathering with friends and family watching football (and eating yummy food!). Often we gather in our home, cozy on the couch to watch the big game. These weekends are great, however the real excitement happens when we get out and tailgate! Sporting our fan gear, preparing some football food and packing up the car — always leads to a good time.
I’ve gathered some inspiration for your next tailgate event (indoors or outside):
This dip is a go-to for “Sunday Fun Day” game-day tailgates (even if it’s in your living room). I like serving dips in individual sized portions. Here, I’ve simple used stemless martini glasses as the vessel to serve the dip. Easy to hold and you get use out of glasses you already have, score!
1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
1 pkg (16 oz each) Velveeta® Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 Jalapeno, diced (if you like it a bit spicy)
Combine undrained tomatoes and cheese in medium saucepan.
Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
Top with diced jalapenos.
Serve warm as a dip with tortilla chips, crackers or cut-up fresh vegetables. I like to serve it with pita chips.
What are your favorite tailgaiting recipes? I’d love to know!
The creamy, cheesy taste of Velveeta pairs with fresh and spicy RO*TEL for a delicious Queso Dip perfect for any occasion! Plus, I love how simple it is to whip up (bonus: it will delight all of your football fans in attendance)!
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by RO*TEL and Velveeta via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of RO*TEL and Velveeta.
It’s that time of year when we bake up a storm, cookie swap like crazy and make gift baskets for all of our friends and families. This year I tried out a new dessert recipe and it happens to make the perfect holiday party treat OR that something special for friends or colleagues.
Pretzels and chocolate — is there a better combination? There really aren’t many things better than great chocolate and Dove totally has you covered. Click to sweeten the holidays with Silky Smooth Dove Chocolate.
Pair this treat with a small glass of milk and you have the perfect surprise for that after school snack (that is if you don’t eat them before the kids get home!).
1 3/4 cups DOVE® Chocolate
3/4 cup M&M’S® Brand MINIS®
1 bag pretzel sticks, broken into various sized pieces
Reynolds® Parchment Paper
1. Remove 3/4 cup red and green M&M’S® Brand MINIS® and set aside for decoration.
2. Line a baking sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
3. Melt the DOVE® Chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water. Stir the mixture as it melts. When mixture is shiny and smooth, turn off the heat.
4. Once all the chocolate is melted, dip the pretzel pieces one at a time and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet into an antler shape. Place the M&M’S® Brand MINIS® on each antler as it is finished.
5. Repeat this same process until all the antlers are finished.
6. Let the chocolate cool completely and get firm. You can refrigerate to firm the chocolate more quickly.
7. Once firm, remove them from the Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
8. If desired, wrap each one in a sheet of cellophane, tied with a ribbon or simply put them on a cookie plate.
Tip: Add red M&M’S® Brand MINIS® to form the red nose.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Mars via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Mars.