Looking for festive and delicious Halloween Cookies? Well, after I made these Nutella Cookies for my girls, I was dreaming up all sorts of reasons to make them again. But what could be better than Nutella Cookies, right? Well, how about if you add in Reeses Pieces? Yep — Nutella & Reeses Cookies have been born.
1. Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa, set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter and sugars. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about two minutes. Add the vanilla and hazelnut extract and beat until extracts disappear. Add the Nutella and mix until batter is smooth.
2. Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, alternately with the milk in one batch, mixing well. Fold in Reeses. Chill dough for at least 15 minutes before baking. You can make the dough a few days in advance, just wrap it in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
3. When you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Take a tablespoon of cookie dough and roll it into a ball. Place on lined baking sheets and gently press down on the dough ball. Continue making dough balls until the cookie sheets are filled-leave two inches in between cookies.
4. Bake cookies for 10-11 minutes or until soft, but starting to set. Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
Heading to a potluck this Labor Day Weekend? Here are a few simple potluck recipes and tips that are sure to impress!
7 layer dip is one of my all-time favorite potluck dishes. I love to bring it, I love to eat it and I’m loving this single-serving idea (see tip #2 below!). Get the recipe here.
These bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos are my go-to. I make them for Superbowl, for parties, potlucks and just because. They are dangerously good. Recipe here.
Sliders are a great option and you and you can put so many things in between those 2 mini buns. These are sausage sliders with peppers which are great for a “heartier” potluck dish. Bonus = you can top them with a cute mini flag pick! Recipe here.
Inspired? Before you plan your dish ….
My 3 tips when planning your next potluck dish:
1. Purchase plastic platters and serving bowls from the dollar store (or stock up on those holiday dishes during end-of-season clearances). A plastic colorful dish looks much nicer than a foil pan, and if it cost you a dollar — you won’t be disappointed if you leave it behind.
2. Single servings are best. Consider creating single serving “mini dishes” for a convenient grab-n-go option at the potluck
3. Stick with classic recipes or create a twist on a classic recipe, but avoid preparing dishes that have exotic or unique ingredients. The goal of a potluck is to appeal to and feed a crowd so don’t get too fancy.
Have a tip or favorite potluck dish? I’d love to hear about it below!
Apples aren’t just for fall recipes. Lately, I’ve been craving the crisp, refreshing flavor of a good tart apple. Maybe it’s the summer heat or maybe it’s just that I can only drink so many watermelon cocktails … either way I wanted to try something new.
I recently received this new apple beer to try out and I knew just the time for a taste test. We were sitting outside on a very warm evening and a crisp, cold refreshing beverage was called for.
Michelob ULTRA Light Cider is a naturally sweetened, gluten-free cider made from crisp apples, and it has 1/3 fewer calories than leading ciders (bonus). It’s sweet, and definitely a substitute for a fruity cocktail. When you want something a bit more “fun” than beer but still easy to grab-n-go … this is it.
I also think it would go wonderfully along side a nice apple salad like this one:
This apple, pear and fennel salad looks AMAZINGLY good. Perfect for a hot summer evening bite, don’t you think?
Apple, Pear and Fennel Saladrecipe here … go and get it and check out all of her amazing recipes while you’re at it.
What new summer flavor or recipe have you tried lately? Please share!
There’s plenty of sunshine here in Southern California and we are already approaching our 95-100 degree days. How does an over-worked party gal keep her cool? With delicious, cold, summer cocktails of course!
Sometimes I’m inspired to come up with my own new summer cocktail recipes (like this watermelon cooler), but typically I’m far too parched to go to such efforts. When in need for new recipes of amazing summer drinks … turn to Pinterest!
Here are my favorite summer cocktails. You must be 21 years old to read further (nah, just kidding).
Thirsty are you?
1. Frozen Vodka Slush – This is perfect for making a giant batch ahead and leaving in the freezer for when thirst sets in (or guests pop in). Recipe via ABCD Designs shared on The Grommet.
2. Spiked Blueberry Lemonade – a treat for the eyes and packed with dazzling flavor via Veggie Belly.
3. Lime Sorbet Margarita – These are AMAZING and simple. Just how I like it. Recipe via Real Simple.
I love mimosas, and so does my mom (actually… every mother probably does, right?) … so I wanted to put a simple gift idea together that would appeal to moms of all ages, styles, and with varying interests. Hence, the Muffins & Mimosas gift box was born.
I love that this gift took me just 15 minutes to put together and consists of entirely store bought items yet it really feels thoughtful (and looks amazing too).
Bring a bunch of fresh flowers and this muffins & mimosas gift box to any special woman in your life, and you are sure to make her smile.
-Place mini champagne bottles, oranges (for fresh squeezed juice) and bakery fresh muffins in whatever box, basket or crate you have on hand.
Optional: Print Mother’s Day tags and attach to the basket, tie around the neck of the champagne bottle, or glue to toothpick and poke into an orange. [You can download these free here]
Feel free to mix it up with the content of the gift box too! Think strawberries, bagels, jams, scones — the options are really endless.
For more Mother’s Day ideas, be sure to check out the posts below. And don’t forget to join me and many other entertaining gals on Twitter tonight for the #HolidayHQ Mother’s Day chat happening at 8pm EST. During the chat, we are giving away a Hamilton Beach Blender and Hamilton Beach Ice Cream Maker.
I love entertaining in the summer because typical summer get-togethers are mellow, laid back, and simple (just how I really like it). One of my go-to party foods in the summer are sandwiches. That’s right, simple sandwiches. I love how versatile they can be. From a simple kid-pleasing platter of pb&j sandwiches to something more grown-up like a new panini recipe — there are so many variations yet they are all still pretty easy to pull off. I’ve been gathering some of my favorite recipes and ideas on this sandwich Pinterest board.
Another trick is to order your sandwiches …. SIMPLE, right? My hostess tip is to order a platter of sandwiches and transfer to your own platter or make individual “lunch boxes” for guests. You’ll save time and energy which will result in your enjoying more of summer! My go-to caterer for affordable and delicious sandwiches is Subway. Here’s what I love about them:
Variety isn’t an issue – They offer Giant Subs, Sandwich Platters, SUBWAY to GO!™ boxed meals, drinks, sides and cookie platters.
Short lead time – Catering orders can be placed 24 hours in advance – in some cases less!
Small OR Large groups – They have options for as few as 5 people, a mid-size group of 25 people – or hundreds of people if you need it.
They can cover ANY Occasion – Whether you’re planning a birthday, anniversary party, sporting event, office meeting or other occasion for a meal, we can cover just about any type of gathering.
Customizable Options – Sandwiches can be customized with your favorite veggies and toppings just the way you like!
Great Value – Simply put – it is possible to feel groups well – without spending a lot!
Have I convinced you to have your sandwiches catered next time? Ditch the apron and prep and let Subway do the work ladies!
Want to give them a try?Subway is giving away one reader a $50 gift card! That can feed your crowd during your next pool party, right?
Enter to win:Contest is now closed.
CONGRATS to Julie! Check your inbox, we’ve emailed you :)
Leave a comment telling me your all-time favorite sandwich
For additional entries (optional):
-Pin this giveaway and leave a comment with the link to your pin
-Share this giveaway on Facebook and leave a comment telling me you did
-Tweet this giveaway and leave a link to your tweet in a comment