I love entertaining in the summer because typical summer get-togethers are mellow, laid back, and simple (just how I really like it). One of my go-to party foods in the summer are sandwiches. That’s right, simple sandwiches. I love how versatile they can be. From a simple kid-pleasing platter of pb&j sandwiches to something more grown-up like a new panini recipe — there are so many variations yet they are all still pretty easy to pull off. I’ve been gathering some of my favorite recipes and ideas on this sandwich Pinterest board.
Another trick is to order your sandwiches …. SIMPLE, right? My hostess tip is to order a platter of sandwiches and transfer to your own platter or make individual “lunch boxes” for guests. You’ll save time and energy which will result in your enjoying more of summer! My go-to caterer for affordable and delicious sandwiches is Subway. Here’s what I love about them:
- Variety isn’t an issue – They offer Giant Subs, Sandwich Platters, SUBWAY to GO!™ boxed meals, drinks, sides and cookie platters.
- Short lead time – Catering orders can be placed 24 hours in advance – in some cases less!
- Small OR Large groups – They have options for as few as 5 people, a mid-size group of 25 people – or hundreds of people if you need it.
- They can cover ANY Occasion – Whether you’re planning a birthday, anniversary party, sporting event, office meeting or other occasion for a meal, we can cover just about any type of gathering.
- Customizable Options – Sandwiches can be customized with your favorite veggies and toppings just the way you like!
- Great Value – Simply put – it is possible to feel groups well – without spending a lot!
Have I convinced you to have your sandwiches catered next time? Ditch the apron and prep and let Subway do the work ladies!
Want to give them a try? Subway is giving away one reader a $50 gift card! That can feed your crowd during your next pool party, right?
Enter to win: Contest is now closed.
CONGRATS to Julie! Check your inbox, we’ve emailed you :)
Leave a comment telling me your all-time favorite sandwich
For additional entries (optional):
-Pin this giveaway and leave a comment with the link to your pin
-Share this giveaway on Facebook and leave a comment telling me you did
-Tweet this giveaway and leave a link to your tweet in a comment
Also, be sure to follow Subway on Twitter and like them on Facebook
*up to four entries per person. Contest ends May 9, 2012 at 11pm PST. I received a gift card for my catering needs from Subway.