I have this love, love relationship with my ice cream maker. It’s super simple to use, allows me to whip up batches of deliciousness (in 30 minutes!), and makes me look like I have culinary guns. Oh and the best part is when I get to give it away and make someone’s day. Okay, it’s pretty good when I keep it for myself to (if I’m being honest).
Warm, flaky and filled with melty chocolate? Yep. This Valentine’s Day dessert will have you weak at the knees. These Pepperidge Farm puff pastry hearts make a great Valentine’s Day dessert or even breakfast treat. Just a few ingredients, a few minutes in the oven and you’ll be ready to enjoy. (more…)
I scream, you scream …. right? It might not be summer (where you live), but around these parts we are always in the mood for a scoop (or two!) on an ice cream cone.
My pantry always seems to have an excessive amount of both chocolate and sprinkles left over from holiday baking, so when this idea came to me it seemed like the perfect way to use them up. These sprinkle-dipped cones were easy to make and a huge hit with my family. Feel free to make these cones ahead of time and store them until you’re ready to use.
Sprinkle-Dipped Ice Cream Cones
12 ice cream cones
1 pound melting chocolate
1 cup of your favorite sprinkles
To make: Melt chocolate as directed on package. Once melted, dip the rim of the ice cream cone in chocolate and then immediately into the bowl of sprinkles. Lay the cone on wax paper until the chocolate dries and hardens. Serve by scooping ice cream into cone.
Recipeoriginally created for SC Johnson Family where I am a guest blogger. See it here.
It’s that time of year when we bake up a storm, cookie swap like crazy and make gift baskets for all of our friends and families. This year I tried out a new dessert recipe and it happens to make the perfect holiday party treat OR that something special for friends or colleagues.
Pretzels and chocolate — is there a better combination? There really aren’t many things better than great chocolate and Dove totally has you covered. Click to sweeten the holidays with Silky Smooth Dove Chocolate.
Pair this treat with a small glass of milk and you have the perfect surprise for that after school snack (that is if you don’t eat them before the kids get home!).
1 3/4 cups DOVE® Chocolate
3/4 cup M&M’S® Brand MINIS®
1 bag pretzel sticks, broken into various sized pieces
Reynolds® Parchment Paper
1. Remove 3/4 cup red and green M&M’S® Brand MINIS® and set aside for decoration.
2. Line a baking sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
3. Melt the DOVE® Chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water. Stir the mixture as it melts. When mixture is shiny and smooth, turn off the heat.
4. Once all the chocolate is melted, dip the pretzel pieces one at a time and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet into an antler shape. Place the M&M’S® Brand MINIS® on each antler as it is finished.
5. Repeat this same process until all the antlers are finished.
6. Let the chocolate cool completely and get firm. You can refrigerate to firm the chocolate more quickly.
7. Once firm, remove them from the Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
8. If desired, wrap each one in a sheet of cellophane, tied with a ribbon or simply put them on a cookie plate.
Tip: Add red M&M’S® Brand MINIS® to form the red nose.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Mars via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Mars.