Today I’m sharing the perfect easy + cute Easter breakfast idea with you.
My girls will LOVE coming downstairs to this on Easter weekend. I think I’ll surprise them on Saturday because I can’t stand waiting until Sunday to dish this up for breakfast!
This really couldn’t be more simple. Orange Juice, a donut hole (plus a cute patterned lollipop stick of course) and a bowl of yogurt topped with fun sprinkles. Plus, check out the darling wooden spoon – so cute!
Don’t forget the cute Easter printable to tie it all together: “Some Bunny loves you!”
Many of our winter weekends include gathering with friends and family watching football (and eating yummy food!). Often we gather in our home, cozy on the couch to watch the big game. These weekends are great, however the real excitement happens when we get out and tailgate! Sporting our fan gear, preparing some football food and packing up the car — always leads to a good time.
I’ve gathered some inspiration for your next tailgate event (indoors or outside):
This dip is a go-to for “Sunday Fun Day” game-day tailgates (even if it’s in your living room). I like serving dips in individual sized portions. Here, I’ve simple used stemless martini glasses as the vessel to serve the dip. Easy to hold and you get use out of glasses you already have, score!
1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
1 pkg (16 oz each) Velveeta® Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 Jalapeno, diced (if you like it a bit spicy)
Combine undrained tomatoes and cheese in medium saucepan.
Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
Top with diced jalapenos.
Serve warm as a dip with tortilla chips, crackers or cut-up fresh vegetables. I like to serve it with pita chips.
What are your favorite tailgaiting recipes? I’d love to know!
The creamy, cheesy taste of Velveeta pairs with fresh and spicy RO*TEL for a delicious Queso Dip perfect for any occasion! Plus, I love how simple it is to whip up (bonus: it will delight all of your football fans in attendance)!
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by RO*TEL and Velveeta via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of RO*TEL and Velveeta.
It’s that time of year when we bake up a storm, cookie swap like crazy and make gift baskets for all of our friends and families. This year I tried out a new dessert recipe and it happens to make the perfect holiday party treat OR that something special for friends or colleagues.
Pretzels and chocolate — is there a better combination? There really aren’t many things better than great chocolate and Dove totally has you covered. Click to sweeten the holidays with Silky Smooth Dove Chocolate.
Pair this treat with a small glass of milk and you have the perfect surprise for that after school snack (that is if you don’t eat them before the kids get home!).
1 3/4 cups DOVE® Chocolate
3/4 cup M&M’S® Brand MINIS®
1 bag pretzel sticks, broken into various sized pieces
Reynolds® Parchment Paper
1. Remove 3/4 cup red and green M&M’S® Brand MINIS® and set aside for decoration.
2. Line a baking sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
3. Melt the DOVE® Chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water. Stir the mixture as it melts. When mixture is shiny and smooth, turn off the heat.
4. Once all the chocolate is melted, dip the pretzel pieces one at a time and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet into an antler shape. Place the M&M’S® Brand MINIS® on each antler as it is finished.
5. Repeat this same process until all the antlers are finished.
6. Let the chocolate cool completely and get firm. You can refrigerate to firm the chocolate more quickly.
7. Once firm, remove them from the Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
8. If desired, wrap each one in a sheet of cellophane, tied with a ribbon or simply put them on a cookie plate.
Tip: Add red M&M’S® Brand MINIS® to form the red nose.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Mars via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Mars.
During holiday season, I find myself playing the role of hostesses quite frequently. Although many occasions are planned out far in advance (Thanksgiving, cookie exchanges, Christmas gatherings), there are still those unexpected “pop in” guests and smaller gatherings that can throw any well-prepared hostess off of her game.
Instead of breaking into a sweat every time you hear the doorbell ring (you know… when the neighbors, your in-laws, or friends pop in unexpectedly), follow these entertaining tips & tricks and you’ll be ready to party anytime.
When unexpected guests arrive, you’ll always feel prepared if you keep wine and ingredients for simple appetizers on hand. Here are my tips:
1) Always keep 2 bottles of red wine and two bottles of white wine on hand. That way, when guests pop in you’ll be able to quickly chill your wine and serve them up a drink — no stressing!
2) Keep ingredients on hand for simple appetizers. One of my favorite are these “Martini” kabobs since almost all of the ingredients are jarred and can be stored in your pantry. These include: green olives, prosciutto, cocktail onions, and black olives. Then, just grab a party pick, assemble and you’ll have a great appetizer to serve!
3) Keep supplies like cocktail napkins on hand and invest in a simple set of cocktail plates. At a moments notice you can pull them out and you’re ready to entertain!
Next time you find yourself entertaining at a moment’s notice, simply pop that wine in your LD Blast Chiller, throw together a simple appetizer, serve and sit back and chillout with your guests!
The LG Blast Chiller, available in the 3-Door Super Capacity French-Door refrigerator (LFX31935), can chill a room temperature, 12oz beverage in five minutes or a bottle of wine in just eight minutes. By comparison, a typical refrigerator takes about 40 minutes to accomplish this task – even in the freezer. This refrigerator is also among the largest capacity 36-inch refrigerators currently on the market, offering almost 20 percent more space and the ability to store over 50 gallons of milk.
LG has made it super easy to host those last minute guests, Cold drinks for all? Cheers to that!
You can also check out the LG USA Facebook page or website to view entertaining blast or chill content and share your own blast or chill moments!
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by LG via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of LG.
Heading to a potluck this Labor Day Weekend? Here are a few simple potluck recipes and tips that are sure to impress!
7 layer dip is one of my all-time favorite potluck dishes. I love to bring it, I love to eat it and I’m loving this single-serving idea (see tip #2 below!). Get the recipe here.
These bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos are my go-to. I make them for Superbowl, for parties, potlucks and just because. They are dangerously good. Recipe here.
Sliders are a great option and you and you can put so many things in between those 2 mini buns. These are sausage sliders with peppers which are great for a “heartier” potluck dish. Bonus = you can top them with a cute mini flag pick! Recipe here.
Inspired? Before you plan your dish ….
My 3 tips when planning your next potluck dish:
1. Purchase plastic platters and serving bowls from the dollar store (or stock up on those holiday dishes during end-of-season clearances). A plastic colorful dish looks much nicer than a foil pan, and if it cost you a dollar — you won’t be disappointed if you leave it behind.
2. Single servings are best. Consider creating single serving “mini dishes” for a convenient grab-n-go option at the potluck
3. Stick with classic recipes or create a twist on a classic recipe, but avoid preparing dishes that have exotic or unique ingredients. The goal of a potluck is to appeal to and feed a crowd so don’t get too fancy.
Have a tip or favorite potluck dish? I’d love to hear about it below!
Apples aren’t just for fall recipes. Lately, I’ve been craving the crisp, refreshing flavor of a good tart apple. Maybe it’s the summer heat or maybe it’s just that I can only drink so many watermelon cocktails … either way I wanted to try something new.
I recently received this new apple beer to try out and I knew just the time for a taste test. We were sitting outside on a very warm evening and a crisp, cold refreshing beverage was called for.
Michelob ULTRA Light Cider is a naturally sweetened, gluten-free cider made from crisp apples, and it has 1/3 fewer calories than leading ciders (bonus). It’s sweet, and definitely a substitute for a fruity cocktail. When you want something a bit more “fun” than beer but still easy to grab-n-go … this is it.
I also think it would go wonderfully along side a nice apple salad like this one:
This apple, pear and fennel salad looks AMAZINGLY good. Perfect for a hot summer evening bite, don’t you think?
Apple, Pear and Fennel Saladrecipe here … go and get it and check out all of her amazing recipes while you’re at it.
What new summer flavor or recipe have you tried lately? Please share!