What could be better than a warm, gooey breakfast? Not much in my book. Last week, I kicked off the Pepperidge Farm PuffectionTM Holiday Entertaining Challenge, and whipped up this recipe for Blueberry Cheescake Danishes — they were delicious! This week, I’m putting a kid friendly twist on this recipe.
I created the same cinnamon sugar danish and then filled it with a cream cheese and Nutella center. YUMMY.
The flaky danish paired perfectly with the creamy center. This would make a great Christmas morning breakfast (bonus is that they are super simple and fast to make).
Pile them high on on a cake stand Christmas morning. Just be warned: they won’t last long!
1/4 cup sliced almond, toasted (for topping, optional)
1. Heat the oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with the cooking spray.
2. Stir the cinnamon and 4 tablespoons granulated sugar in a small bowl. Stir the cream cheese and remaining sugar in a small bowl.
3. Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface. Brush the pastry sheet with half the butter. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar mixture. With the short side facing you, cut the pastry sheet lengthwise into 6 strips. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet, making 12 in all.
4. Twist 1 pastry strip then coil into a spiral. Place the pastry onto the baking sheet. Brush the end of the spiral with the remaining butter and tuck tightly under the bottom of the pastry. Repeat with the remaining pastry strips. Place 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture and 1 teaspoon Nutella in the center of each pastry.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
6. Whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and milk to create a glaze. Drizzle on top before you serve.
Disclosure: Pepperidge Farm has provided me with a stipend for my time and materials invested in the Pepperidge Farm® Puffection TM Holiday Entertaining challenge, as always thoughts and opinions are my own.
Many of our winter weekends include gathering with friends and family watching football (and eating yummy food!). Often we gather in our home, cozy on the couch to watch the big game. These weekends are great, however the real excitement happens when we get out and tailgate! Sporting our fan gear, preparing some football food and packing up the car — always leads to a good time.
I’ve gathered some inspiration for your next tailgate event (indoors or outside):
This dip is a go-to for “Sunday Fun Day” game-day tailgates (even if it’s in your living room). I like serving dips in individual sized portions. Here, I’ve simple used stemless martini glasses as the vessel to serve the dip. Easy to hold and you get use out of glasses you already have, score!
1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
1 pkg (16 oz each) Velveeta® Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 Jalapeno, diced (if you like it a bit spicy)
Combine undrained tomatoes and cheese in medium saucepan.
Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
Top with diced jalapenos.
Serve warm as a dip with tortilla chips, crackers or cut-up fresh vegetables. I like to serve it with pita chips.
What are your favorite tailgaiting recipes? I’d love to know!
The creamy, cheesy taste of Velveeta pairs with fresh and spicy RO*TEL for a delicious Queso Dip perfect for any occasion! Plus, I love how simple it is to whip up (bonus: it will delight all of your football fans in attendance)!
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by RO*TEL and Velveeta via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of RO*TEL and Velveeta.
It’s that time of year when we bake up a storm, cookie swap like crazy and make gift baskets for all of our friends and families. This year I tried out a new dessert recipe and it happens to make the perfect holiday party treat OR that something special for friends or colleagues.
Pretzels and chocolate — is there a better combination? There really aren’t many things better than great chocolate and Dove totally has you covered. Click to sweeten the holidays with Silky Smooth Dove Chocolate.
Pair this treat with a small glass of milk and you have the perfect surprise for that after school snack (that is if you don’t eat them before the kids get home!).
1 3/4 cups DOVE® Chocolate
3/4 cup M&M’S® Brand MINIS®
1 bag pretzel sticks, broken into various sized pieces
Reynolds® Parchment Paper
1. Remove 3/4 cup red and green M&M’S® Brand MINIS® and set aside for decoration.
2. Line a baking sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
3. Melt the DOVE® Chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water. Stir the mixture as it melts. When mixture is shiny and smooth, turn off the heat.
4. Once all the chocolate is melted, dip the pretzel pieces one at a time and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet into an antler shape. Place the M&M’S® Brand MINIS® on each antler as it is finished.
5. Repeat this same process until all the antlers are finished.
6. Let the chocolate cool completely and get firm. You can refrigerate to firm the chocolate more quickly.
7. Once firm, remove them from the Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
8. If desired, wrap each one in a sheet of cellophane, tied with a ribbon or simply put them on a cookie plate.
Tip: Add red M&M’S® Brand MINIS® to form the red nose.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Mars via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Mars.
There is something that I love about a great weekend breakfast. Lazy mornings, hot coffee, and something great to eat — what could be better? And as the holidays quickly approach I’m working on my holiday menu (Christmas morning breakfast a biggie on the list as it’s becoming my favorite occasion to entertain!) and I’m often trying new recipes. So, when the folks at Pepperidge Farm recently asked me to take the PuffectionTM Holiday Entertaining Challenge, I was super excited to get baking!
With breakfast on the mind, I decided to try this recipe for Blueberry Cheescake Danishes.
I was pleasantly surprised how simple this recipe was. With only a few ingredients, I had these little bits of heaven in the oven super fast. Then, I waited not-so-patiently for them to bake.
When they were done, they were warm and crispy and tasted wonderful! The divine smell of cinnamon and blueberry drew in a crowd who wanted a taste too. I shared, because I’m thoughtful like that ;).
This recipe is definitely a keeper and will likely make a appearance on Christmas morning — they are THAT good.
1.Heat the oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with the cooking spray.
2.Stir the cinnamon and 4 tablespoons granulated sugar in a small bowl. Stir the cream cheese and remaining sugar in a small bowl.
3.Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface. Brush the pastry sheet with half the butter. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar mixture. With the short side facing you, cut the pastry sheet lengthwise into 6 strips. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet, making 12 in all.
4.Twist 1 pastry strip then coil into a spiral. Place the pastry onto the baking sheet. Brush the end of the spiral with the remaining butter and tuck tightly under the bottom of the pastry. Repeat with the remaining pastry strips. Place 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture and 1 teaspoon preserves in the center of each pastry.
5.Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
Disclosure: Pepperidge Farm has provided you with a stipend for my time and materials invested in the Pepperidge Farm® Puffection TM Holiday Entertaining challenge, as always thoughts and opinions are my own.
Looking for festive and delicious Halloween Cookies? Well, after I made these Nutella Cookies for my girls, I was dreaming up all sorts of reasons to make them again. But what could be better than Nutella Cookies, right? Well, how about if you add in Reeses Pieces? Yep — Nutella & Reeses Cookies have been born.
1. Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa, set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter and sugars. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about two minutes. Add the vanilla and hazelnut extract and beat until extracts disappear. Add the Nutella and mix until batter is smooth.
2. Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, alternately with the milk in one batch, mixing well. Fold in Reeses. Chill dough for at least 15 minutes before baking. You can make the dough a few days in advance, just wrap it in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
3. When you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Take a tablespoon of cookie dough and roll it into a ball. Place on lined baking sheets and gently press down on the dough ball. Continue making dough balls until the cookie sheets are filled-leave two inches in between cookies.
4. Bake cookies for 10-11 minutes or until soft, but starting to set. Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.