It’s the first day of summer! You know what that means? That’s right… dusting off those fun summer cocktail recipes friends! Tomorrow the troops and I are headed for a much anticipated week in Palm Springs (we’ll be staying in this poolside home, yay!) and in preparation I had to figure out just what we’d be sipping on poolside (can’t you tell I plan the important things first?).
I’m heading out to the market to pick up the fixings for these 3 poolside cocktails. What do you think? Don’t they look refreshing?
I hope your first day of summer is a great one!
3 poolside Cocktails to try this summer (or this weekend if you’re adventurous like me!).
Hostess Tip: When looking for several new cocktails to try, look for those that have similar ingredients so you can stock up and avoid buying too many 1x use ingredients. For example, these three drinks have mint, club soda and rum in common.
To see which is my favorite, be sure to follow along my cocktail-making journey this weekend on Instagram.
With my Summer Thyme beverage in hand, I’m daydreaming about all the upcoming summer fun there is to be had (you know, in between w-o-r-k that is). With our two girls almost out of school, a great Memorial weekend under our belt, and the sunny CA sunshine — we’re about ready to kick into that summertime gear!
First up on our agenda is a week long getaway to Palm Springs.
Is it time to go yet?
We’ll also see plenty of lazy beach days. When we have no plans on the weekend it’s pretty common that we just call decide to head to the beach (why not right?). This summer the Mr. and I are in the market for new beach cruisers so we can all go for a long Sunday beach strolls at the beach. And summer wouldn’t be complete without many casual backyard gatherings with family and friends — and of course, keeping up with our garden.
Here’s a new recipe that I’ll be serving up while we’re relaxing poolside in Palm Springs. What I love about it is that it tastes fresh and flavorful but it’s super simple to make.
Grilled Hot Dog Bites with fresh Jalapenos, Tomatoes & Avocado Dressing
Grill your Hebrew National Hot Dogs and lightly toast the buns.
Slice the hot dogs, buns, jalapenos and tomatoes. Assemble and hold in place with a toothpick.
Serve on a platter with a bowl of your favorite avocado dressing for dipping.
See? super simple!
What fun summer plans do you have?
Hebrew National tastes great because, for more than 100 years, we’ve adhered to the highest quality standards. Hebrew National Franks are made with premium cuts of 100% pure kosher beef, and contain no artificial flavors, no artificial colors, no by-products, and no fillers. Premium taste and high quality every time, for any occasion. That’s our guarantee. Learn about even more reasons to love Hebrew National, and tell us why you love them, too! http://www.facebook.com/HebrewNational
It’s HOT and feels like summer and when the temp rises nothing else makes sense then pouring a cool and refreshing drink. The other day after work I mixed this baby up for a little cool down. My garden was my inspiration, I LOVE creating drinks from what I am growing (that means I’ll always have the ingredients on hand)! This is virgin, but you could also add a splash of vodka or gin to make things fun. I’m calling it the Summer Thyme.
For each drink you will need:
-Sprig of Thyme
To make: Muddle the strawberries in the bottom of your glass. Add ice and club soda. Squeeze lemon wedge into glass and garnish with Thyme.
What could be better than a warm, gooey breakfast? Not much in my book. Last week, I kicked off the Pepperidge Farm PuffectionTM Holiday Entertaining Challenge, and whipped up this recipe for Blueberry Cheescake Danishes — they were delicious! This week, I’m putting a kid friendly twist on this recipe.
I created the same cinnamon sugar danish and then filled it with a cream cheese and Nutella center. YUMMY.
The flaky danish paired perfectly with the creamy center. This would make a great Christmas morning breakfast (bonus is that they are super simple and fast to make).
Pile them high on on a cake stand Christmas morning. Just be warned: they won’t last long!
1/4 cup sliced almond, toasted (for topping, optional)
1. Heat the oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with the cooking spray.
2. Stir the cinnamon and 4 tablespoons granulated sugar in a small bowl. Stir the cream cheese and remaining sugar in a small bowl.
3. Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface. Brush the pastry sheet with half the butter. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar mixture. With the short side facing you, cut the pastry sheet lengthwise into 6 strips. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet, making 12 in all.
4. Twist 1 pastry strip then coil into a spiral. Place the pastry onto the baking sheet. Brush the end of the spiral with the remaining butter and tuck tightly under the bottom of the pastry. Repeat with the remaining pastry strips. Place 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture and 1 teaspoon Nutella in the center of each pastry.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
6. Whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and milk to create a glaze. Drizzle on top before you serve.
Disclosure: Pepperidge Farm has provided me with a stipend for my time and materials invested in the Pepperidge Farm® Puffection TM Holiday Entertaining challenge, as always thoughts and opinions are my own.
Many of our winter weekends include gathering with friends and family watching football (and eating yummy food!). Often we gather in our home, cozy on the couch to watch the big game. These weekends are great, however the real excitement happens when we get out and tailgate! Sporting our fan gear, preparing some football food and packing up the car — always leads to a good time.
I’ve gathered some inspiration for your next tailgate event (indoors or outside):
This dip is a go-to for “Sunday Fun Day” game-day tailgates (even if it’s in your living room). I like serving dips in individual sized portions. Here, I’ve simple used stemless martini glasses as the vessel to serve the dip. Easy to hold and you get use out of glasses you already have, score!
1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
1 pkg (16 oz each) Velveeta® Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 Jalapeno, diced (if you like it a bit spicy)
Combine undrained tomatoes and cheese in medium saucepan.
Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
Top with diced jalapenos.
Serve warm as a dip with tortilla chips, crackers or cut-up fresh vegetables. I like to serve it with pita chips.
What are your favorite tailgaiting recipes? I’d love to know!
The creamy, cheesy taste of Velveeta pairs with fresh and spicy RO*TEL for a delicious Queso Dip perfect for any occasion! Plus, I love how simple it is to whip up (bonus: it will delight all of your football fans in attendance)!
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by RO*TEL and Velveeta via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of RO*TEL and Velveeta.
It’s that time of year when we bake up a storm, cookie swap like crazy and make gift baskets for all of our friends and families. This year I tried out a new dessert recipe and it happens to make the perfect holiday party treat OR that something special for friends or colleagues.
Pretzels and chocolate — is there a better combination? There really aren’t many things better than great chocolate and Dove totally has you covered. Click to sweeten the holidays with Silky Smooth Dove Chocolate.
Pair this treat with a small glass of milk and you have the perfect surprise for that after school snack (that is if you don’t eat them before the kids get home!).
1 3/4 cups DOVE® Chocolate
3/4 cup M&M’S® Brand MINIS®
1 bag pretzel sticks, broken into various sized pieces
Reynolds® Parchment Paper
1. Remove 3/4 cup red and green M&M’S® Brand MINIS® and set aside for decoration.
2. Line a baking sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
3. Melt the DOVE® Chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water. Stir the mixture as it melts. When mixture is shiny and smooth, turn off the heat.
4. Once all the chocolate is melted, dip the pretzel pieces one at a time and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet into an antler shape. Place the M&M’S® Brand MINIS® on each antler as it is finished.
5. Repeat this same process until all the antlers are finished.
6. Let the chocolate cool completely and get firm. You can refrigerate to firm the chocolate more quickly.
7. Once firm, remove them from the Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
8. If desired, wrap each one in a sheet of cellophane, tied with a ribbon or simply put them on a cookie plate.
Tip: Add red M&M’S® Brand MINIS® to form the red nose.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Mars via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Mars.