The next time you find yourself planning a child’s birthday party, try one of these DIY decor ideas before you hit the store for those old crepe streamers.
Instead of buying printed party napkins, try this DIY party idea:
- Purchase solid colored party napkins to match your party decor.
- Choose a shape to cut out that matches your party theme
- Make a template of your shape using card stock.
- Trace template onto napkin, then cut around design (cut through 3-4 napkins at once to save time).
Make your own birthday banner to match any birthday theme and/or color. You can really get creative with this idea since the fonts, letters, and colors are completely up to you.
- Choose a piece of colored ribbon to hang your banner on (or any type of string or twine will work).
- Print individual letters out from your computer (one letter per sheet) increasing font size to fill up page.
- Repeat above until your completed message is printed
- Attach pages to ribbon by folding over top and securing with tape. Then simply hang!
Tip: Alternate between different fonts and colors when printing out your message for a whimsical effect like shown above.photos from Martha Stewart Crafts
Leave a comment and share you simple DIY birthday ideas with us!